Thursday, October 6, 2011

...The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated....

Was just thinking, (which in my case is almost always a dangerous feat:),
Of the quote by I believe, Mark Twain..."The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated"...In reference to an obituary that had been mistakenly published while he was still alive.

I was reminded of one of my favorite tasks when writing for the paper of doing obituaries,
And also, advance obituaries for someone famous that the paper will just periodically update and then pull up and use once that person has passed...
I always loved this task, the supreme honor of putting to pen the Celebration of One's Life...

But I always wondered if these people really knew, while they were still alive and kicking...how much they were revered and loved!

And it got me to wondering what I would like most to be remembered for in my life and what will be said of me when I make that great transition...
And just thinking why do we wait to say those things until after someone has passed...

Wouldn't it be nice to be reminded of how others view us and of the contribution that we have made in their lives, before we have crossed over...

Take the time today, to tell as many people in your sphere, what their presence has really meant to you in your life...here and now...don't wait until they have left this earthly existence:)


Better yet, make time, make plans, to make memories and share as many precious few  moments with them as you possibly can...
 
Don't Wait!
Just Do It!
Do it Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment