Friday, June 24, 2011

Shifting Energies, The Maine Woods, Thoreau and Me (LLJL)

Shifting Energies, The Maine Woods, Thoreau and Me

by Linda Living Joy Lorenzo on Thursday, March 12, 2009 at 11:35am
 
Beloved Fellow Travelers, Brothers and Sisters, Children of Gaia,

Like you, my fellow Workers in the Light,
Over the past few months,
I have been experiencing intense and more pronounced shifts in consciousness
as greater and greater amounts of Light have been flooding to our Beloved Earth Home.

Movement has picked up at an increasing rate,
and sometimes I have to remind myself to come down from the ceiling...

I have been experiencing visions, voices and off the charts intuitive enlightenment...
As well as overpowering and joyous states of Pure Bliss, Pure Love
and to varying degrees, enhanced States of Awareness.

I have not reached Nirvana yet, but it feels blessedly close at times.

With all of this shifting and the occasional days of sun and warmth that have been
teasing us here in Upstate NY of late,
reminding us of the promise that Spring will once again come...
I have also, been feeling the connection and the shifting of Mother Earth.

She is raising up in consciousness along with her Beloved Children...
And she has been calling to me...gently and lovingly offering her protection,
peace and grounding energy.

I have found myself longing for my woods of Maine...
my place of respite and renewal...
And, concurrently, have of late,
been drawn hypnotically to the works of Thoreau...

Although, his words, have always held special meaning for me...
They have begun to take on, with ever increasing momentum,
a hauntingly prophetic tone...and a resonance inside of me,
that is more pronounced than previously remembered.

These words, most particulary.. that literally jumped off the page...
and evoked such emotion in me that I began to cry uncontrollably..
Even though I have read them with delight so many times before...
Evoked an untouched memory in me...and their beauty and relevance
reverberated through my soul...

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately,
to front only the essential facts of life,
and see if I could not learn what it had to teach,
and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

They awoke in me an intense urge to return, once again,
to my place of Peace, Passion and Grounding...to the woods of Maine.

The place which I share in stewardship with my Native American "family"
This place where I find inspiration, love, wisdom and connection with
my Mother Earth, Father Sky, Sisters and Brothers of the Animal and Elemental Kingdoms,
and my connection to Humanity, and all that is...

It is in my connection to this place that I am at One with my most Holiest of Moments...

So, joyously, I will listen and obey this call and ...
My heart and soul lie in wait for the gifts that she will bring to me upon my return
Soon...very soon...

But until that day...I will continue to read my Beloved Thoreau...

And in the hopes that you may all find the glory in this profound consciousness,
At this incredible time of the Present of our Presence,
As both witnesses and participants of our Mother's and our own evoluition...

My Present to you, this day...are the words of Master Thoreau...

May they enlighten and enhance your journey...

The Words of Henry David Thoreau....

Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it.

I did not wish to take a cabin passage, but rather to go before the mast and on the deck of the world, for there I could best see the moonlight amid the mountains. I do not wish to go below now.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.

Do what you love. Know your own bone; gnaw at it, bury it, unearth it, and gnaw it still.

Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.

I have a great deal of company in the house, especially in the morning when nobody calls.

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen.

Ignorance and bungling with love are better than wisdom and skill without.

It is better to have your head in the clouds, and know where you are... than to breathe the clearer atmosphere below them, and think that you are in paradise.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Live the life you've dreamed.

Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul.

Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.

Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.

Nature is full of genius, full of the divinity; so that not a snowflake escapes its fashioning hand.

Nature puts no question and answers none which we mortals ask. She has long ago taken her resolution.

Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain.

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.

Our life is frittered away by detail... simplify, simplify.

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.

Thank God men cannot fly, and lay waste the sky as well as the earth.

That man is rich whose pleasures are the cheapest.

The light which puts out our eyes is darkness to us.
Only that day dawns to which we are awake.
There is more day to dawn. The sun is but a morning star.

The universe is wider than our views of it.

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance.

There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature.

There is no remedy for love but to love more.

There is no value in life except what you choose to place upon it and no happiness in any place except what you bring to it yourself.

Things do not change; we change.

This world is but a canvas to our imagination.

To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of arts.

To be admitted to Nature's hearth costs nothing. None is excluded, but excludes himself. You have only to push aside the curtain.

We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn.

What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us.

You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.

I have learned, that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,
and endeavors to live the life he has imagined,
he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment